Sunday, February 27, 2005

Woo-Woo Questions Begging for Answers

Here are some questions I would love answers to with respect to near-death experiences and the insights those having them bring back:

I am wondering if there are any known instances of people having NDEs, gaining “secret” knowledge from those experiences, and then taking action when they have returned to the physical body. An example might be learning during an NDE that a business partner is embezzling money, a fact unknown until the NDE. Another example might be the discovery during an NDE of an adulterous spouse or something a son/daughter does on the sly. Discoveries such as these, while not proving anything by themselves, would certainly lend support to the evidence that NDErs either leave their bodies or connect to a wider knowledge base than most of us in material reality seem bound by.

I am fascinated by the life review experience that NDErs report. Via some method that modern physics knows nothing about, we step out of time and relive every teeny tiny second of our lives along with all the feelings that anyone in the world (and maybe beyond) experienced as a result of our thoughts and deeds. Pretty intense. So here I am wondering what happens when I sit in my office and wave and say hi to myself. “Hello Self During My Life Review!” Can you pad your life review with good stuff? If I go hug a thousand people, will I feel them all again during my life review?

I have read quite a few books on near-death experiences and have heard a few people talk about their experiences at IANDS. So far, however, I haven’t read or heard much about sex. On the physical plane, sex turns out to be one of those things that you shush about. Just don’t mention it and maybe it will go away. My belief, however, is that a good and wholesome sexual relationship is one of God’s great gifts that is mostly unopened and unexplored. If conducted with a noble, healing, healthy, and loving attitude, sensuality and sexuality become a heady and heartfelt medium for the flow of love between two people. But that’s just my intuitive take. I would like to hear NDErs chime in with some insight. We keep hearing that our mission on Earth is to learn about love, but we don’t hear much about how sex fits into that big picture. On the other hand, the fundamentalists of most religions have a great deal to say about sex, most of it not very nice.

I have been wondering, and asking when I can, if there is any particular agenda by Spirit World personalities to bring to the physical world knowledge about the big picture that life is eternal. I know that many authors of NDE books do, indeed, report that they were told to write their books and share with the world what they experienced. On the other hand, and much to my surprise, I have found that speculating about NDEs and woo-woo, especially in fiction, is a very tough sell. I wrote a book that has all the earmarks of being an inspired piece of literature, and yet the road to publication has met with tough resistance on the grounds that this is too original, too witty, too woo-wooey. My own experience leads me to wonder if there is some sort of blockade from the Spirit World on the flow of information into this realm because, as the mystics say, “it’s all perfect as it is.”

In a similar vein, I am very curious about how the Spirit World views some of the celebrity psychics that strut their stuff on television, presumably leading to earthly fame and fortune as they wave from their luxury seats on the best-seller lists. If there are such things as life reviews, then presumably someone like Sylvia Browne will have to relive all her readings where she charged people hundreds of dollars an hour (at last report it was $700). Someone I met recently said that she got a horrible (in the sense of accuracy) reading from Sylvia when appointments went for only $400. For example, the husband who was supposed to die within the year is still ticking a dozen years later. If Sylvia is the high end, what about all the low-end readers at psychic fairs and on dial-a-psychic numbers? So my question: what is the real read from Spiritland on the business of selling psychic readings—and do these psychics know what they are setting themselves up for?

If anyone has any answers, I would love to hear them! Please email me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home