Thursday, December 30, 2004

The NDE Paradigm Project

I am one of those individuals who reads accounts of near-death experiences with massive curiosity and in some cases envy. I want to experience for myself the wonders that authors of NDE books encountered in their voyages into out-of-this-world ecstasy. I want to see the bright light, the tunnel, the indescribable gardens and castles in another world, and meet the ever-so-wise light beings, the cosmic men and women who have all the answers to the questions that form in my mind.

But then, a near-death experience also means enduring pain. In some cases unimaginably intense amounts of pain. It's one thing to read a book about this stuff and think, "Wow, what a trippy adventure So-and-So had." It's another to meet some of these people in person and to fully grasp that those who have seen miraculous things paid a hefty physical price for the privilege. It has made me re-think my near-death wish!

Short of having my own NDE, I am very curious about the implications of other people's experiences. I take into account all the I have heard and read from other people's perspectives and forumulate in my mind what it all means to my reality both here and in the hereafter.

One of the best resources I have come across for this type of pondering is The NDE (near-death experience) Paradigm Project. It's a great site if you want to pursue the big picture question of "what does the NDE mean?"

1 Comments:

Blogger Janya Barrish said...

Thanks for the link on the project.

I'm just wondering how copyrights that researchers seem to be taking out on this phenomenon will impact the expression of new findings. I just got done posting a post on this very important issue on my blogspot blog. cotcow.blogspot.com

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home