Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Treesha's NDE

For me, one of the joys of the Internet is a newfound ability to locate interesting people who I might otherwise not be able to meet. Before the Web, I could read about NDEs in books but have very little chance of contacting an experiencer or an NDE book author. It makes a world of difference for me to talk with experiencers in person--to ask questions, observe body language, and hear in an unprocessed, unedited way their words.

It was through the Internet that I first heard about IANDS, the International Association for Near-Death Studies. And it was through IANDS that I found Treesha Richie. She is an experiencer who facilitates the Portland Oregon Friends of IANDS meetings.

Treesha graciously agreed to share the account of her near-death experience with readers of my blog:

NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCE OF GOD AS
HOLOGRAPHIC PRESENCE OF LIGHT AND SOUND

On black ice, at 35 mph, crashing into the tow-truck in front of me was imminent! Those last split seconds passed dreamlike. In a deafening silence, all time stood still as I knowingly and calmly surrendered the outcome of what was to be to the God I wanted to believe in; at age 27, I was existentially-agnostic. Before my head went through the windshield of my vehicle, I was already out of my body, up above, watching the “accident” down below continue... Three cars from behind rammed into each other and on top of my vehicle--which was now mashed and mingled into the red corvette being towed by the tow truck, at dusk, in the heavy snowfall...

Wherever I moved my out-of-body attention, I knew everything about the many people involved. I knew their names, their thoughts, their feelings, and the consequences that would result for each from the “accident” we'd all (together, before time) agreed to be part of for each other's spiritual growth.

I watched men removing a bloodied body from one car. They were having difficulty getting it out of the mangled wreckage. Bystanders were shaking their heads, feeling sadness, reflecting on their own lives, on the meanings of their own loved ones to them... One of the Paramedics said, “She's gone...” and I noted with no emotion of any kind, that the body he was referring to and helping place on the gurney was my own. With no grief, no fear, no anxiety, I simply watched as the gurney was placed in an ambulance which sirened away into the snowy night...

With the slightest shift of attention, I knew myself to be taken up into an indescribably warm, Loving, Holographic Presence of Light and Sound, neither male nor female. The serenity and unconditional Love emanating from IT through me, was/is ineffable.... Direct, unimpeded transference of thought and knowing--a shared knowingness--was washing through every cell of my own holographic BEing....IT was me and IT was not me; I was IT and I was not IT; I was in IT, of IT, yet still/simultaneously, my individual, unique Holographic-BEing Self...I knew myself to be indispensably loved and needed by IT. "Like" a drop of the ocean is the essence of the ocean, though not thee ocean; "like" the ocean is not complete except for the existence of every single drop of which it is composed....

As NDEr, Author, P.M.H. Atwater categorically writes: "It is a million suns of compressed love dissolving everything into Itself, annihilating thought and cell, vaporizing humanness and history into the one great brilliance of all that is...all that ever was...all that ever will be. You know It's God. No one has to tell you. You know. You can no longer believe in God, for belief implies doubt. You have no doubt. You now know God. And you know that you know."

I did not see this Holographic Presence of Light and Sound so much as I simply, totally knew and loved IT within and about me as IT knew and unconditionally loved me within and about IT. There was no space, no time, no duality of anything, as every cell of my being was flooded through and through with Spiritual Principles, Universal Laws, knowings one out of necessity forgets while in body on planet earth: Knowing how all that is, just IS. Of how it all makes Divine sense, is IN Divine order... How every religion on earth is a piece of an earthworld religious-pie experience possible. How lifetime after lifetime, Souls make different earthworld religion-choices, so as to exercise different spiritual muscles; one eventual goal being to have experienced and exercised to fullest potential, all spiritual muscles.... How the attitude with which I pour cat food into the cat's dish, or put my kitchen dustpan away, is done with more love or less love... And that with conscious choice, I can become more or less spiritually awake, Soulfully-REmembering while back in body--just by the repetitious practicing; earth is a school for Soul....The smallest acts count the most on the other side...Loving one another IS loving self and loving God...

Simultaneously with all of the above, my entire existence (past, present, and future lives which contribute to the whole of who and what I AM) passed through my knowingness... Each thought, word and deed, each choice made and/or liable to be made--the seemingly significant and the seemingly menial. As I re-experienced and simultaneously observed all at once, every happenstance was colorfully vivid. The life-review--as it does for millions polled by Gallop--served to give me total understanding of the relevance of every second to my endless, boundless UNfoldment as an individual, somehow-needed-by-God-BEing. It served to waken me to a REmembrance that "God" is having dual-world experiences of BEing human, through me...From my place in the non-judgmental Omniscient, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Holographic Presence of Light and Sound, I knew only ITS appreciative, unconditional and boundless Love...I am not a human having Soul within itself; I AM Soul using a human body so as to have human experiences.

In that moment and for all time, I knew that I AM and always have been a unique atom-aspect of this Light and Sound Presence. In a quickening of awareness, I felt illuminated with REmembrance of how every single one and thing in existence is the same. How Life itself is "all for One and One for all."

The Spiritual Principles flooding through my BEing were all about REmembering the countless, multi-faceted diamond aspects of Love each of us IS, while here, while playing/experimenting in human embodiment. Amidst the illusions of matter, energy, space and time--what humans call the worlds of duality--materialistic bombardment challenges spiritual remembrance. I.e., "It's hard to remember your goal is to drain the swamp when you're up to your behind in alligators." My NDE deeply and permanently "branded" me with such REmembrances, which are since impossible to forget....

By the Presence of Light and Sound, I was reminded that it was up to me, then and there, to choose: To choose to go on into another realm/direction of growth opportunity I could see, or back into the human body and growth-direction chosen by me prior to birth... Which choice made, was of no importance. What was imperative, however, was that I, not the Presence dictate/make the choice.

Though I now have no recall of making the choice, I vividly remember re-entering my pain-wracked human body, "like" a Genie swooshing back into an old-fashioned, used-to-be-five-cents coke bottle...

The choice making, and the changes brought about in my human self due to the Light and Sound immersion are entire other stories in themselves. Briefly: Rather than the prior 90% introvert, my personality is now 50% introvert and 50% extrovert. I have absolutely no fear of death. I'm much more compassionate with self and with all of life. Mental confusions have disappeared. Religious morality no longer appeals to me whatsoever; spiritual integrity, my own, rules. I came back knowing that all answers to all life's questions are within. I take myself and life in general a lot less seriously; humor has become a lifeline to Self- and God-REalization.

I no longer believe, but know I am Soul using a body, culture, personality and brain, rather than the other way around. That "God" is Love. That "God" as Source of all that exists here and elsewhere, in ITS ever-expandingness needs each one of us as much as we need IT. That the main purpose of earth world Spiritual Olympics participation is primarily to expand one's ability to give and receive Love. That although yes, our bodies die, you and I--as the mighty, powerful, spiritual BEings/Atoms of God we are--we never die. As Atoms of God, in our fullest essence, WE ARE LOVEd. --Treesha Richie

The next meeting of the Portland Oregon Friends of IANDS is Saturday, December 11. Please click the link for more information.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Treesha, Were you able to grasp some piece of wisdom or knowledge during your NDE and remember it afterwards? I posted my NDE on a site titled Freeway5.com To some degree we may have had a similar experience. I appreciate you sharing with us all and me. Steven

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home