Thursday, May 05, 2005

Dear Friend

Do you ever get emails like this?

From: CLEMBRANSON@terra.es
Subject: HELLO
Date: May 5, 2005 10:18:12 AM PDT

Dear friend,
I am Clem Branson and I represent Mr. Mikhail Khordokovsky the former
C.E.O of Yukos Oil Company in Russia. I have a very sensitive and
confidential brief from this top (oligarch) to ask for your
partnership in re-profiling funds and acting as a proxy to this funds
of US$50 million. This is a legitimate transaction. You will be
paid 5% for your "management fees".

If you are interested, please write back by email, also provide
telephone and fax numbers you can be reached with and state the best
time to call you. I will provide you with further details and
instructions as soon as I hear from you. Please keep this business
confidential; we can't afford more political problems. Finally,
please note that this must be concluded within two weeks. Also note,
that your percentage is subject
to negotiation.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.


Regards,

Clem Branson.

Just amazing. I might be a little more impressed if the guy (or the automated computer) would have used my real name. It does seem rather strange that Clem wants me to manage $50 million and he doesn't even know my name. No wonder he wants to keep it confidential. I think major US corporations know more about me than I know about me, but Clem, shrewdie-boo that he is, keeps his cards pressed against his spamming chest.

I wonder if in life reviews spammers have to experience every single time that someone reads their spam. I suppose it only gets worse if someone falls for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home